We're excited that you're interested in joining the Leadership Lincoln Board of Directors. Volunteers will serve a three year term which begin each year with the start of our fiscal year on July 1st. Here are just a few of the expectations of the Board of Directors.
Board of Directors Expectations
- Commit time, talent, and effort to Leadership Lincoln.
- Establish and maintain mission, vision, and values.
- Participate in the creation and monitoring of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Support Leadership Lincoln financially with a cash donation/pledge that is within your means each year of your service. Donations should be made during the organization's fiscal year (July 1-June 30). Your gift can be made directly, or through a fundraising campaign (for example: Give to Lincoln Day or the Community Services Fund annual campaign). It is the goal and expectation that 100% of the Board of Directors will participate financially and by attending events.
- Assist with fundraising efforts of the organization at the direction of the Development Committee; including, making introductions that are helpful for the organization, individual solicitation, assisting with special events, writing mail/email appeals, selling or purchasing tickets to events, etc.
- Support Leadership Lincoln by participating in the events of the organization through the purchase of event tickets, raffle tickets, and/or in-kind support.
- Make every effort to attend one seminar each of the Fellows, Executives, Advocates, and Youth Leadership Lincoln cohorts.
Board of Directors Application
If you would like to apply to serve on the Leadership Lincoln Board of Directors, please complete the application below.
You can download the application and complete it in Microsoft Word and then upload it via the links below.
Applications may be submitted at any time of the year, but will be reviewed together in the spring each year as the Board of Directors seeks to replace members who complete their term of service on June 30th. Applications may also be held by the organization and reconsidered the next spring (depending on when there are vacancies on the Board of Directors).