Download application as Word document and submit by email/mail.
Use online application form.
Acting on requests from public officials and agency directors, we conduct the Advocates (formerly Project ALL) to orient participants about and prepare them for service on a nonprofit board or public commission. Past participants in the Advocates now serve on the Lincoln City Council, on city and county commissions, and volunteer with a number of Lincoln’s nonprofit organizations.
One of the original ideas behind the Advocates was to connect a wide variety of people with an interest in minority and under-represented voices. Upon completion of the program encourage them to engage in the community on boards and commissions to help broaden the diversity of those involved in leading our community.
The Advocates program schedule includes an opening retreat in September, monthly seminars covering such topics as government, education, business, health, and human services The participants work in teams to select and complete a community service project.
The Advocates cohort is a partnership between Leadership Lincoln and:
- Community Health Endowment
- Acklie Charitable Foundation
- Woods Charitable Fund, Inc.
- Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird
Advocates Program Schedule
Opening Retreat (September)
A two-day, one-night seminar which allows the participants to explore leadership skills, group dynamics and community development issues.
Attendance is required for the entire two day, one night retreat-no exceptions.
All-day seminars scheduled on a Thursday of each month. Skills form the focus of each seminar and include a strong commitment to experiential learning so as to enhance participants' awareness and practice of leadership skills.
Attendance is required at 80% of the programming hours of seminars.
Participants are also expected to complete a community service project.
Tuition for the program is $2,750.00
- Applying to Leadership Lincoln is free and open to all individuals who live or work in Lancaster County.
- Leadership Lincoln charges a tuition fee of $2,750.00 to all individuals selected to participate in the program. Tuition is nonrefundable.
- Tuition assistance is available through a scholarship program. If an applicant is interested in scholarship support, that request must be made when his/her/their application is submitted. Scholarships will be offered to applicants at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
Meet the members of Advocates 13 (2019-2020)
Lincoln Sudanese Center
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Lincoln Public Schools
Family Service Lincoln
Pinnacle Bank Arena
Yazmin Gamez Martinez
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties
Cecilia Hernandez Chavez
Southeast Community College
Nebraska Department of Corrections
Mental Health Association of Nebraska
Vanessa Meinberg MA, CCLC
Southeast Community College
State of Nebraska
Nebraska Civic Engagement Table
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Asian Community and Cultural Center