Youth (2022-2023) Application
We believe in diversity and equity. When applying for and/or participating in our programs, if you have a disability or health condition that requires modified accommodations to participate, please notify us of your accommodation request and we will make every reasonable effort to meet that request. Please contact us at 402.441.4661 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must complete this application in one visit to this page. As such, it might be helpful to type your answers in a separate word processing document and then revisit this page and copy/paste your answers into the application.
Applicants and their guardians are invited (but not required) to attend an Informational Session before applying. Leadership Lincoln staff will discuss the program, review the application process, and answer questions. There are two opportunities to attend:
- Recruitment Open House
- Tuesday, April 5, 2022 from 6:00-7:00pm at Eiseley Branch Library (1530 Superior St) in Meeting Room #2
- Informational Session Online
- Monday, April 11, 2022 from 6:00-7:00pm on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/7103861341
Applicants are responsible for making sure ALL application materials are returned to the Leadership Lincoln office by: Tuesday, May 31, 2022
- Forms that are mailed must be post-marked by the deadline: 211 N 14th St, Lincoln, NE 68508.
- Forms that are emailed must be received by 11:59pm on the deadline: email@example.com.
- Forms that are hand-delivered should be received in the office by 5:00pm on the deadline: 211 N 14th St, Suite 316 (third floor).
Program Calendar and Commitment
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 6:00-8:00pm
- Opening Retreat
- Sunday, August 14-Monday, August 15, 2022
- Attendance is required at the Opening Retreat. Applicants who are unable to attend the entire retreat, are not eligible for the program. Leadership Lincoln understands that this may mean that some youth have to forego a school activity or a sporting event. We are sorry for the inconvenience but know that the opening retreat defines the year for the participants.
- State of the City Address
- Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 7:30-9:00am
- This event will gather all the participants in 2022-2023 Leadership Lincoln programs to kick-off the year of community leadership development. Date is subject to change.
- Friday, September 23, 2022, 8:00am-3:00pm
- Friday, October 28, 2022, 8:00am-3:00pm
- Friday, November 18, 2022, 8:00am-3:00pm
- December 3-7, 2022 (You will sign up for one half day)
- Friday, January 27, 2023, 8:00am-3:00pm
- Friday, February 24, 2023, 8:00am-3:00pm
- Friday, March 24, 2023, 8:00am-3:00pm
- Friday, April 28, 2023, 10:00am-7:00pm
- Attendance is required at 80% (equivalent to eight seminars) of the programming hours.
- Monday August 29, 2022, 7:00-8:30pm
- Monday, October 10, 2022, 7:00-8:30pm
- Monday, January 9, 2023, 7:00-8:30pm
- Monday, February 6, 2023, 7:00-8:30pm
- Monday, April 3, 2023, 7:00-8:30pm
- Attendance is required at a minimum of three Unpacking meetings. These meetings offer class participants opportunities to connect outside of seminars to continue discussions or pursue further learning opportunities.