The Melvin W. Jones Mentoring Award is presented annually to honor a member of the community who impacts the lives of others through the development of significant mentoring relationships; encourages and inspires others in mentoring relationships and demonstrates servant leadership through commitment to mentoring relationships and promoting diversity in community leadership.
The selection criteria are:
- Development of significant relationships with others to assist them in career, personal, and community growth issues
- Impact on others’ lives
- Encouragement of others to engage in mentoring relationships
- Service as a role model and inspiration to those mentored
- Demonstrated trusteeship of the community through a commitment to mentoring relationships and promoting diversity in community leadership and servant leadership
- Complete the online nomination form.
- Submit your nomination offline:
- Mail: 211 N. 14th St., Lincoln, NE 68508
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Mick Hale)
- Nominations must be received by Leadership Lincoln by Thursday, March 1, 2018.
- Please contact Leadership Lincoln with any questions (402.441.4661).
Past Award Recipients:
2017 - Dr. Jeannette Jones Vazansky
2016 - Tim Linsenmeyer
2015 - Charlesette "Charlie" Foster
2014 - John Harris
2013 - Mauricio “Marty” Ramirez
2010 - Dr. Jake Kirkland & Dr. Dolores Simpson-Kirkland
2006 - Nathan Woods
2005 - Tom Rutz & Linda Robinson-Rutz
2004 - Kathy Campbell
2003 - T.J. McDowell
2002 - Nancy Becker
2001 - Eric Lee
2000 - Chris Martin